Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I hope everyone is having a great day today! It was an early day for us as we started the intense training part of getting ready for our marathon. We go to an old railroad trail on the other side of Dulles IAP that they've converted into a great exercising trail. It's hard topped and goes for miles and miles! It's called the "W&OD Trail". There are lots of bikers and other runners, walkers and even some roller bladers on occasion. We've seen lots of wild life out there from deer, rabbits, beautiful birds. Nice wild vegetation with flowers and stuff! It's really beautiful and not something you'd expect so close to a major international airport! Today was a bigger then my daily run day at 5 miles and my legs felt it! UGH! Brian ran 11 (show off!) He's training for another whole marathon though so he'll always run about twice what I run! We came home and I got cleaned up in time to go to work for a couple of hours, not my ideal Sunday but it makes tomorrow easier! I did stop by JoAnn fabric for some of those cute $1 stamps everyone on SCS is talking about and guess what?! NO STAMPS! OMG! I was so disappointed! I have another JoAnns to check though so I have my fingers crossed! After a nice meal of spinach and cheese ravioli with Alfredo sauce, salad and Texas toast to decided I needed my Starbucks fix! I didn't add it to my count but I walked up to the one on the corner - 1.5 miles away! That's an extra 3 miles today! I do love my Starbucks but I sure hope I don't pay for it tomorrow with sore legs! Well Happy Father's day to all the Dads out there!

Until next time...........

No comments: