Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Header Photo

Just in case you were wondering.... the new header photo is of the church, now minor basilica, that my husband's family attends mass at! It's called "Holy Hill" and if you click on the name you can go and visit their website. My DH grew up with views of this church in the distance when you look out their front window. It's gorgeous to say the least and that's only the outside! A few years ago they did some repairs and renovations to the inside - hello more gorgeous! My DH's family grew up in service to this church from altar boy to doing all sorts of handy work as well. Below is a picture of "us" from Christmas;

Behind these people is the altar...


Here's their Nativity...I also have a funny story about that girl and the Nativity - let me know if you want to hear it! LOL!


Here's the inside. It was, of course, dark so I had to lighten this photo up a bit so sorry for the graininess!


So that's "Holy Hill", in Wisconsin!

Until next time....

8 comments:

Janine said...

Beautiful photos Michelle...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Michelle...that is too weird! This morning I was thinking about the beautiful framed picture of the Church you had in VA and how I wish I had meaningful art on my walls in my new home and lo and behold you posted these pictures! They are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Michelle this is just too weird! I was just thinking this morning aboout the beautiful framed picture of the Church you had on your wall in VA and how I wish I had meaningful art on my new walls! I wonder if we're wearing the same shoes today :)!
Your pictures are beautiful and I can just imagine the scrapbook page(s)!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to worship God in!

Joanne Travis said...

How beautiful!! Just as gorgeous on the inside as on the outside.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Anonymous said...

This is so breathtaking! WOW! Love all the pics!

Cheryl Hirzel said...

I was there about 30 years ago with a friend of mine who was moving to the Milwaukee area! It was really quite the place and seeing it in the photo brought it all back to me. Thanks for sharing the photograph!

Darlene said...

I was going to ask about your blog header ... GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you shared this with us! Wonderful photos of this beautiful facility!! (and family) How lucky you DH was to have that view ... stunning!!