Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Like a Dream......

I gor my FIRST Magnolia stamp! YEAH ME! This stamp inked up like a dream too! OMG! I was able to actually use my first stamp off too! Now THAT'S awesome!! I just love tulips, pink tulips and when I saw this one I knew I had to have my first Magnolia and, now, I have NO regrets but have already figured on my next one! LOL! Take a look at what I did with it;



I used scraps, except for the base to create this little cutie. I also used my, new to me, Martha Stewart border punch and some little dot thingies (<-- technical term there!) from Bella! I colored her in with my Koh-I-Nor Pencils and my Gamsol. I chose to leave her dress white too as it reminded me of a dress my youngest had when she was little.....SOOO cute.... anyway! The image is cut out with my Coluzzle but since I didn't really want that much blank space around her I did the "out of the box" technique! If you're curious on what that is then check out the resource pages on Splitcoast Stampers. That place is an AWESOME wealth of information, friends, advice and SO much more!

Let me know what you think!

Until next time....

12 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Michelle! She's beautiful! You did great w/ your first Tilda. WARNING: THEY ARE ADDICTING!!! I rec'd my first ones in a swap and now I'm the owner of about 8 of them!
Your coloring is great!

Jacquel said...

That is such a cute card Michelle! love the image and the layout...tfs!!!

Michelle Forrest said...

Michelle, this is a wonderful card! Great coloring and great colors!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Michelle congratulations on your first magnolia, however I have to warn you that you will become addicted to these...lol

Tilda with Tulips is sooo pretty, and you did a wonderful job coloring her!! Love the colors you used, and your design paper is very pretty hun!

Happy stamping hun!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Jenn Embry said...

What a cute card. The background paper you used goes so perfect. Isn't it great when we can use up some scraps to create beautiful stuff? :)

Sara said...

Oh Michelle, it's adorable! I'm thinking about getting a couple of them myself. And, I just did that technique today for the first time!

Crazy one said...

its me in a stamp for wering gma's dress! sweeeeeettttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Michelle!! The Tilda fits you!! What a gorgeous creation. You will definitely have to get more of these since you are a natural with her!!! Love your coloring and design!!
blessings,
Chris

Michelle said...

this is an adorable card.. love the colors, wonderful image..and sketch.. TFS!

Teresa Kline said...

wonderful card, great job coloring!
enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

Could you please tell where on SCS to find the "out of the box" technique? I could not find it and have been wondering about this for a few days now since I have seen other cards using this. Thanks so much.

Sally Davis

Margie said...

this is beautiful!