Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Fun...

Oooh this was a fun weekend! I love company and my DH's sister and her family came to visit! I love these guys - they are the COOLEST! No, before you ask they don't read my blog so I'm not trying to rack up any points here so it must be true right?! We haven't seen them since before we moved to Ohio back in August so it was awesome to have them stay even for the night. We had lost time to make up for so we managed to celebrate birthdays, visit, go shopping, eat out, eat at home twice, go see the USAF Museum (the boys LOVED the airplanes!) and I just loved having them here! Needless to say I'm a little tired today, not to mention 4 mile runs each day and today's was midday so I came home with a little souvenir - sunburn! YEAH me! I start my new job tomorrow and am a little nervous so relaxing was good this weekend! So, keeping this post "craft related" I thought I'd share my one claim to fame! In addition to my addiction to paper crafting I also have an addiction to sewing. I've sewn forever, for myself and family. I've taught quilting and once made costumes for a play company. I've been a pattern tester for a couple of ladies and my sample work is published in their books. My biggest, to me anyway, is having my work hang in a museum! I had my good camera with me this weekend and got a good shot of my contribution to the Air Force's 50th Anniversary quilt! I get tickled when I look up and say "I did that"!

Here's a picture of the block;


My sister-in-law and I in front of the quilt to show how big it is;


Our Godson Kyle and his cake (handsome guy isn't he?! Obviously I need help in cake decorating...)


Our nephew Luke and his cake (cutest little guy ever - love those eyes!)


Now if only they lived closer, there was more time to visit......Christmas is SO far away!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Awsome job on the quilt! and your nephew and godson are adoralbe, oh I mean handsome!

Jacquel said...

Looks like you had a great weekend Michelle....tfs!!!

Jaspere said...

Wow it must be awesome to see your work in a museum. I have trouble sewing on cards and here you are making masterpieces *LOL*

Sara said...

What a fun weekend, and awesome quilting!!

Janine said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time Michelle!!

cr8iveme said...

looks like you had a wonderful day

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS