Sunday, August 9, 2009

Life Is Better With You!

Awe...isn't that what every woman wants to hear from her honey?! I know I enjoy hearing it from mine....I'll wait while you recover from choking and gagging....better?! Now, seriously it's so sweet to know when someone loves you SO much right?! Lately my DH has really been showing his affectionate side and I've been loving every minute of it! So when I got these TOTALLY ADORABLE stamps from The Rubber Cafe, I totally "felt it" and knew they were perfect to make a super cute card! These little guys are called "Stella and Angus" and don't they look like they're SO in love with each other?! Sweethearts! Well here's my first project with them;



I chose to color these with my colored pencils and gamsol. I am SO in love with that technique! I was able to achieve the same level of softness in the paper I used which, by the way, was a scrap on my table so I apologize for not knowing the maker! The shape around the turtles is cut using my Cuttlebug and my nesties. I had to add some bling too so there are Stickles in the centers of all the colored in flowers and the smaller Prima flowers. I am a big fan of pearls, both my girls have pearl birthstones! I used little half pearls from Bella (gotta love the name right?!) for the center of the big flowers. That fun ric rac...I'm pretty good at scavenging in store sale bins and was lucky to find this at JoAnn fabrics for 99cents! I love a good deal!!!
Here's some great news about Stella and Angus too....there's more in the series! Interested?! Well head on over to Melissa's store, The Rubber Cafe, and check them out! They're a little on the big side so be sure to grab a set of her "Rock-a-Blocks" too! I know they're on my next order too! I'm always looking for great blocks for my stamps too and think these will be a perfect fit!

I hope you liked my turtles!!

Until next time....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You make superb cards!! Love your altered creation for the blog-hop - you're very creative!! Just hopping by on the bloghop!

Auroras_Garden said...

That is adorable! Maylee and I have had a thing with turtles lately. If I can get some pictures of her in her turtle pants I made for her with her turtle hair clips I just ordered from Smiss,( http://www.artfire.com/users/smiss00 ) I will blog and let you know! The turtles on her pants are cute just like yours! You are one crafty mama! I get so excited when I get a blog update from you in my inbox! I HAVE to come read!

Sara said...

OH MY GOODNESS, those are the cutest turtles ever!!! Oh, your card is cute too!(ha ha)