Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Great Christmas Ornament Idea

One day last week when my daughter and I were out shopping we came across a great gift for her to give her friend back in Virginia. This particular friend is fond of pigs, matter of fact her obsession with pigs rivals Breanna's obsession with cows! If you know Breanna then you know that's pretty obsessive! LOL! Anyway! It was a glass ornament, and pretty delicate, so in order to get it to her and have it make it safely through the gentle hands of the USPS (ha ha ha I'm so funny!) I had to come up with a way to have it make it there in one piece! Hhhmm, what to do, what to do... Ah HAH! I have had these cute little cans that I had ordered some time ago from Mandy over at "Limelight Papercrafts" sitting next to my computer desk crying out for attention! So, I thought why not make a little display for the ornament and, that way if she wanted, she could keep it out all year! Well, pink pig ornament, new pad of paper that I got from JoAnn's throw in some bling (girls gotta have her bling!) and some neat sparkly tags I got at JoAnn's (love that clearance section!) and VOILA! Show off piggy style! What do you think?!

Here she (hey, it's a pink pig so it's gotta be a girl!) is in the container





Here she is out of the container. The lucky recipients name is "Annie" hence the "A", or "a" rather, on the tag!



If you want to see what she's thinking you'll have to click on the photo to make it larger!

Well I hope I helped inspire you for a neat way to package an ornament!

No comments: