Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Exciting News!!!





I can't believe it! I've been to so many blogs and have seen so many of them with awards! I have always wondered "how do they get those"?! Well, guess what?!!
I received a Javablu Award!! Hooray! This award was actually CREATED by Ms. Javablu! I was given this award from one of my favorite blogs/stores to shop at - Mandy at Limelight Papercrafts! Mandy you ROCK! If I could give it back to you I sure would p.s. that last order could you like wrap it in a box and put "pasta" (he loves pasta!)on it! That would make it easier for DH to not ask any questions.... until the bill comes in that is! LOL! Thank you!!

[** side note - I got this award a couple of days ago and am just now getting to put it out because Blogger was a baaaaddd website and wasn't being very nice to me for a variety of reasons! LOL! It's here now so enjoy! **]

Here are the rules (rules - I know right?!!)...


1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.
4.Before listing the nominees give a brief reason why you chose them.
5. Put links of those blogs on yours.
6. Leave a message on the blogs you have nominated

Okay so here are my blog choices -

1) I have to give this to my "Comadre" Kela - she's not a papercrafter "per say", she does however use paper to create the most awesome itty bitty quilt blocks using paper! LOL! That and the fact that we have been friends since, OMG, I think 1999?! She was inspirational to me in another military move, as a friend, a shoulder to cry, I mean lean on and she was the sponsor for my oldest to get her confirmation in the Catholic church - now that's cool! We had good times together and keep on still, okay so enough - here's her blog "Kela's World"

2) This one is for another type of blog, not papercrafting but I hope that's okay! I chose it because if you follow this particular blog you will have more time on your hands to make all sorts of crafty projects! It's for a crockpotting blog and her name is "Crockpot Lady", no really it's Stephanie but I bet she'd answer to both! LOL!

3) The next one is actually for a papercrafter/comedian/enthralling person to read about but, fair warning here, don't read her posts with your mouth full! LOL! She's hilarious in her posts! I love to read it as often as I can get over there! So, who is this wonderful blog owner with great reads?! Danyelle of Hangnailz and Papercutz!

4) Another blog who is most deserving of this is Allison of "Stampin When I Can" her blog is AWESOME! She is a wealth of information and has the best blog roll ever! I keep almost all of her blogs since there are always a ton I want to go back to! She has great challenges on there, one of which I actually did last night and still need to post!

5) My last one, for a total of 5 great blogs, is one I just found recently! The name of the blog is "Kim's Kreative Korner" and um, well her name is "Kim"! LOL! I can't remember how I found her but I have been to her site a few times and she has a great tutorial on there for coloring with Prismacolour pencils and mineral spirits! A great technique if you haven't tried it - do! I asked her if she had a tutorial for using PrismaMarkers - well long story short but she went out of her way to find me one! How sweet was that?! I totally appreciate it and, so that everyone can have it she put it on her blog! Check it out!

Well, I hope you liked all my choices as much as I do! They're all great for so many more reasons - go find a good one for yourself!

Thank you again Mandy!! Can't wait for my new monkeys!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Michelle! Aren't you the sweetest? You are very welcome, AND, thank YOU for the blog award! *blush*

Stephanie ODea said...

Hi Michelle,
thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it---thank you for thinking of me.

I agree with what you said about utilizing your crockpot so then you have more time to do the things you want to do. I'm actually looking forward to some "normalcy" next year so I can dig out some crafting supplies and go back to gardening, etc.

thank you again---it means a lot.
xoxo
steph