Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ITB - Short For....

ITB or Iliotibial band, for today though it stands for "it'sa training buster"! No LOL here though! That rascal hurts! So I send my gang off to school and set about doing my morning training, my head full of thoughts and about 3 miles into it my left leg just decides to cramp up! I stop, stretch and start going again - umm no, not going to happen again but it does! This time I decide I'll just have to walk! I was not very happy! If you had read my previous blog, after last year's marathon I pulled my IT Band too and it put me off for 2 months from training! It hurts when you pull it or do whatever too it! Heck I didn't even know I had one until it started hurting that day! Last year I tried the "run through it" approach - um wrong move and is why I was off so long! Today, I walked back home 2 miles, iced it up immediately and took an 800mg Motrin. The one bad thing about that is Motrin doesn't like my stomach but, my leg feels better! LOL! I'm off to a warm bath and to do some leg stretches! Oooh and I have another new card to post! YEAH!

Tomorrow is a whole new day!

Until next time.....

2 comments:

Laura lok said...

oh i pulled my ilotibial band a couple of years ago never heard of it before that. I feel your pain

Kathy ~~~ said...

Ouch! Take care of it so it heals.